TRUNG HỌC DUY TÂN - PHAN RANG :: Xem chủ đề - Thầy Vân Tâm Sự
TRUNG HỌC DUY TÂN - PHAN RANG TRUNG HỌC DUY TÂN - PHAN RANG
Nơi gặp gỡ của các Cựu Giáo Sư và Cựu Học Sinh Phan Rang - Ninh Thuận

Trang BìaTrang Bìa   Photo Albums   Trợ giúpTrợ giúp   Tìm kiếmTìm kiếm   Thành viênThành viên   NhómNhóm   Ghi danhGhi danh 
Kỷ Yếu  Mục Lục  Lý lịchLý lịch   Login để check tin nhắnLogin để check tin nhắn   Đăng NhậpĐăng Nhập 

Thầy Vân Tâm Sự

Gửi bài mới   Trả lời chủ đề này    TRUNG HỌC DUY TÂN - PHAN RANG -> Thủ Thỉ Góc Sân Trường
Xem chủ đề cũ hơn :: Xem chủ đề mới hơn  
Người Post Đầu Thông điệp
Quynh Uyen
Cựu Giáo Sư Duy Tân

Ngày tham gia: 05 Dec 2007
Số bài: 9

Bài gửiGửi: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:03 pm    Tiêu đề: Thầy Vân Tâm Sự

DIỆU HUYỀN ƠI,

"TUI" CÓ NGƯỜI BẠN THÂN MỸ, TÊN LÀ CHUCK CABLE,
NGÀY XƯA KHOẢNG 1965....1968... LÀ CHÍ NGUYỆN QUÂN QUỐC TẾ (IVS) ĐẾN PHAN RANG ĐỂ LÀM CÔNG TÁC THIỆN NGUYỆN....
NHẬN THẤY CHUCK CABLE CÓ TRÌNH ĐỘ, VA RẢNH RỖI,  "TUI" NHỜ ÔNG TA GIÚP TRONG VIỆC DẠY HỌC CỦA "TUI" VÀO THỜI ĐÓ.  
CHỊ NHỚ ĐẤY PHÁT ÂM, VÀ GIỌNG ĐỌC ANH VĂN, VÌ NGƯỜI MỸ PHÁT ÂM HAY VÀ ĐÚNG HƠN "TUI"  (!)(?)
NGHĨA LÀ, SAU KHI "TUI" GIẢNG XONG 1 BÀI READING, THÌ ÔNG TA HƯỚNG DÂN HỌC SINH NGHE VÀ ĐỌC LẠI, VÀ TẬP NÓI (LISTENING, SPEAKING....READING).  
HỌC SINH RẤT THÍCH ÔNG TA ĐẤY

SAU 1975 ÔNG TA CÓ VỀ PHANRANG THĂM "TUI"..
   .KHI "TUI" QUA MỸ KHOẢNG 1993..., ÔNG TA CŨNG ĐẾN THĂM TUI TẠI MỸ.

HIỆN GIỜ CHUCK CABLE VÀ VỢ ĐANG THĂM LẠI PHANRANG- THÁP CHÀM.
CŨNG LÀ MỘT GIÁO SƯ CỦ CỦA PHANRANG NINH THUẬN, ÔNG TA RẤT THƯƠNG MẾN PHANRANG-THÁP CHÀM.
2 LẦN HỘI NGỘ CỦA GIA ĐÌNH DUY TÂN, CHUCK CABLE ĐỀU BIẾT, VÀ CÓ HỎI THĂM ĐỂ BIẾT TÌNH HÌNH HỌC SINH NGÀY XƯA...
TRƯỚC KHI CABLE ĐI VN, ÔNG CÓ XIN TUI MỘT SỐ ĐỊA CHÍ BẠN BÈ VÀ HỌC TRÒ CŨ, CÒN SỐNG VÀ HIỆN Ở PHANRANG THÁP CHẦM....

"TUI" CHUYỂN TIẾP "EMAIL" ÔNG TA VIẾT KHI ĐANG CÒN VIẾNG THĂM NINH THUẬN.  
DIỆU HUYỀN ĐỌC CHO VUI, VÌ MÌNH CÓ THÊM MỘT GIÁO SƯ CỤ "ĐỒNG HƯƠNG" PHANRANG...
KHI NÀO CÓ HƠI NGỘ DUY TÂN KỲ 3, MÌNH CÓ THẾ MỚI CHUCK CABLE ĐẾN DỰ, CÓ ĐƯỢC KHÔNG???

VANTON.

--- On Thu, 10/22/09, Charles Cable <cable> wrote:

Subject: Visit to Phan Rang and Thap Cham! Wow!!
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 7:03 PM

[siez=18]Dear Dau and Family, and Van and Family,

Please pass along this message to our friends.

We're having a good time.  Today we flew down from Dalat after a two-day visit there.  Weather was clear today, for the most part.  Back to where I used to visit often in 1966 to 68.

On Monday, October 19, Vicky and I were driven from Nha Trang with a tour guide and driver in a compact Toyota to Phan Rang and Thap Cham, where I lived and taught, respectively, in 1966 to 68.  We stopped on the old highway one, in north Phan Rang, at a school used for the Cham students (I think).  Then we went to the former Catholic High School, Troung Vinh Ky; it has a new north/south two-story wing for more classrooms.  Then we walked east down the street to our former home, now lived in by two sisters and their families.  They lived a couple blocks to the south when we were living there, and they told a couple of stories to remind me of our two years there.  All good things, too.  

And we saw three of the teachers I worked with!  Mr. Khai, Mr. Chanh and Mr. Hoa (I am doing this from memory, and not my notes).  That was so remarkable.  Each remembered me, after I gave them my business card!  We have each gotten much older!

Our first visit was with Mr. Khai, whose family went to find him.  Once he understood who we were, he was so surprised that we had come.  Unfortunately, I don't have his email address.

Then we went to find Mr. Chanh.  He and his family had hosted me for dinner with his family back in 1967 after studying French with him.  They live next to the Catholic Church, just three or four blocks from our old house.

Then it was to the home of Mr. Hoa ( trust I have his name correctly spelled).  It is unfortunate that he is now blind.  But, upon hearing my name, he recalled very well.  He and Mr. Chanh also spoke together about the former library named for Mr. Peter Hunting, who was killed in November 1965 in the Mekong Delta by the VC.  They remembered where the library was.  Mr. Chanh took us there and noted that a new street was put through, destroying the library, to benefit the residents of the area.  We got photos of the area, too.  Jill, they remember your brother and what happened in 1965!  I will try to help you contact them in the future.

It was really nice for each of my teacher friends and their families to meet Vicky and to hear about our family.

We also went to a Cham village that one of our predecessors, Peter Hunting, used to work in and I worked with a Cham lady to sell her blankets but was advised not to go that far south because of the local Viet Cong (Communists).  

We had lunch out at Ninh Chu Beach, where we spent many weekend afternoons.  Now it is well developed with two, three, and four star hotels.  We went to a hotel that also has the former retreat house of a past president of South Viet Nam, Nguyen Cao Ky (who lives in So Cal).  

Then to Thap Cham to see the three ancient Cham towers that I used ot visit periodically.  

Finally, went to the Thap Cham High School.  The basketball court that I helped build is still there!  But the original school was torn down to make way for a much larger building that must be four to five times as big as the original!  So many kids there now.  It is a full high school, and not just a junior high school that I taught in from September 1966 to March 1968.  A gentleman at the school said another teacher, now about 70 years old, lives just a short distance from the school and was one of the teachers with whom I worked.  I have his name upstairs but not with me as I write this email.

Dau and Van, I am indebted for your help in locating our friends, and your friendship over 43 years!  I am very sorry we did not have more time to find Dau's brother, and other students and teachers. But, this becomes a great reason to try to return to Phan Rang-Thap Cham in the future!

We are so very grateful for having a wonderful day in Phan Rang and Thap Cham.

--
Chuck Cable
[/size]
Về Đầu Trang
TAY SON
Niên Khóa 1961-1968

Ngày tham gia: 29 Apr 2008
Số bài: 75
Đến từ: Phan Rang

Bài gửiGửi: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:40 pm    Tiêu đề: Kính chào thầy Vân và cô Uyển

Kính chào thầy Vân và cô Uyển,
  Em rất vui mừng được biết thầy cô và gia đình vẫn khoẻ mạnh!
Xin cám ơn thầy đã dạy Anh văn đệ nhị cấp Trung Học Duy Tân.
Kính chúc thầy cô và gia đình luôn an khang, thịnh vượng, và nhất
là thầy cô được nhiều sức khoẻ trong lúc tuổi già !

Kính thư,
Nguyễn Huệ (DT 1961-1968)
và gia đình
Về Đầu Trang
Trình bày bài viết theo thời gian:   
Gửi bài mới   Trả lời chủ đề này    TRUNG HỌC DUY TÂN - PHAN RANG -> Thủ Thỉ Góc Sân Trường Thời gian được tính theo giờ GMT - 4 giờ
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang

Chuyển đến 
Bạn không có quyền gửi bài viết
Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết
Bạn không có quyền sửa chữa bài viết của bạn
Bạn không có quyền xóa bài viết của bạn
Bạn không có quyền tham gia bầu chọn